Monday, March 23, 2009

Currently Enjoying These Things:

1. lovelypackage.com - I really appreciate it when people go the extra mile to make everyday things a little bit nicer, and this website is all about that. Like you can have a milk carton that looks like this, or you can reimagine it to look like this. Most of the wine bottles they've featured are creative and gorgeous and make me wish I had the skills to be a graphic designer.



2. Battlestar Galactica - I have developed a love for television, and I'm not one to be judgemental of genre if I think there are good stories or intriguing characters. I got my hands on the first season dvds of Battlestar Galactica last fall, and finally got my roommate, who also loves tv, to sit down and watch it with me last month. After the first disc, we were both hooked. I'm not even going to tell you how many episodes we've watched in the last six weeks because you'll judge me. Just know that it's good. You should be watching it. (Oh, and as a sidenote, my roommate ordered these mugs for us, because we are both coffee drinkers and TOTALLY GEEKY.)



3. This American Life's favorite episodes page - I spend one day a week doing a task at work that requires minimal thought, so I've grown even more attached to my podcasts. A few weeks ago, the girl I share my office told me she listens to old This American Life episodes when she



4. Mew Mew Tower - my roommate has an iPhone, and also he has a cat, so when I saw this game I showed it to him as a joke. He bought it and loves it. Then he let me play it and now I love it. For a while we were going back and forth for the high score, but he's got me beat right now.



5. Kittens Inspired by Kittens - Okay, so I am the five billionth person to link to this video. I get it. But, YOU GUYS. It is just the right kind of video for the internet, just like David After Dentist.



6. My Sigg bottle - I got this for Christmas, and I haven't stopped using it since. I started carrying a water bottle pretty regularly this fall (when all the moisture left Colorado for the winter), but I was constantly knocking my old one open and drenching everything in my bag, so this was a surprise fix for that. As an added bonus, this one is outdoorsy enough for me to fit in perfectly amongst all these Coloradans.

No comments: