Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Terrible horrible no-good very bad day

So this morning I woke up and let my dog leave my room because she was whining. My roommate had just left for work, so when I left my room about 30 seconds later I was the one who found the dog, eagerly wolfing down..wait, what IS that in my roommate's doorway? Cat vomit? Why yes. Yes it is.

And wouldn't you know it, my day didn't get much better.

I found out I didn't get a job I'd interviewed for because I had less experience than the other candidates. I had a job interview at a retail giant (let's not name names here shall we) and although I was offered a job, I am still disappointed about the one I didn't get. About two weeks into the job search, I really started to miss my stable, like-clockwork, 9-to-5 desk job. And so that is what I have sort of been hoping for. Because, I don't know, I just don't do change very well.

Anyway, I leave my job interview to go take my drug test and I spend about 20 minutes circling the same block trying to figure out where I go take it. And I can't find it anywhere so I decide to go home and look at a map online. I also drink about half a gallon of water just to be sure I'll need to go when I get there.

And I finally find the place, park, and get there...10 minutes after they stop running tests. So I have to come back in the morning. SWEET. (No wonder I can't find a job, right? I can't even follow directions so WHY WOULD YOU HIRE ME?)

So my full bladder and I headed home to wallow in self-pity until my roommate came home, at which point I may or may not have been sort of a bitch and taken it out on him. By the end of the night, though, we were playing Pandemic II (we were so close to winning! We got everyone but Peru) and watching The Office. So I guess he forgave me. Which was nice of him and hopefully not just because I usually make his dinner.

So let's hope that one of the jobs I found tonight pans out, or that I am able to survive a year of unpredictable scheduling before going back to graduate school, or that I can just CHILL OUT for a little bit and let the chips fall where they may. Hopefully, everything will seem a little bit better in the morning. Right now? This has been my least favorite day of unemployment.

No comments: