Friday, December 15, 2006

Favorite Friday: Sorry I Missed You

Everyone's doing their "Best of '06" lists right now (AEFD's is forthcoming--just don't expect brilliant musical taste) and I've gotten to dig around and listen to stuff I missed when it was brand new. Some of it's pretty amazing. Here we go.

I'd heard of Gnarls Barkley but never took the time to listen to this song of his everyone thought was so fantastic because I just didn't think it seemed like my kind of thing. I listened to it yesterday. I was wrong, and everyone else was right.
Gnarls Barkley - Crazy.mp3

I know nothing about the band Destroyer, but they've been all over the Best of Lists, and after I heard them, I knew why.
Destroyer - Rubies.mp3

I had a brief encounter with Casiotone for the Painfully Alone in March or April, and then kind of forgot about them. Which is too bad, because they are fun to listen to.
Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - New Year's Kiss.mp3

No comments: