Friday, November 03, 2006

Favorite Friday

I recently started perusing a lot of music blogs, so on top of my (already unhealthy) obsession with Pandora, 3Hive, and Stereogum, the situation has led to me listening to more mp3 files than is probably normal.

So I've decided to share the stuff I like the best every week. Here we go:

Ben Kweller released a new cd at the end of September. I don't really know how I feel about most of it, but I dig this track.
Ben Kweller - Nothing Happening.mp3

I just finished a good run-through of Beck's new album, The Information. I think I like it better than Guero.
Beck - Elevator Music.mp3

You know how Amazon makes recommendations for you based on the stuff you buy? It kept recommending Cat Power, whose album cover looks like this


and I thought it was going to be some awful girly-rock band. I finally heard one of the songs, and have commenced sticking my foot in my mouth. I couldn't have been more wrong (and you know it's a big deal if I'll admit to being wrong).
Cat Power - The Greatest.mp3

The Bishops are another band I'm glad I found that can supplement my music collection when I'm in a Vines or Hives mood. Love them.
The Bishops - The Only Place I Can Look is Down.mp3

The links will be good for two weeks. Enjoy!

No comments: