Thursday, April 13, 2006

Four things to tell you

1. In Italian, after my professor reads from a passage we were supposed to read for our homework:
"But I don't understand this."

"That's too bad. It's the part you're supposed to laugh at."

2. I'm sorry for the disjointed, list-style posts recently. I recently started reading Mimi Smartypants (too lazy to link!) and her style is creeping into mine. I think it will wear off soon, but you can never be too sure about that kind of thing.

3. My car! She's supposedly "running like new" but we'll see when I pick her up after work. She better be running like new for the money it cost. She ought to be running with a diamond-encrusted gear shift or something. Honestly.

AND THE BEST FOR LAST
4. I recently discovered 3hive.com, and since then have spent waaaaaay too much time listening to mp3's, looking them up on Amazon.com, and adding cd's to my (already extensive) wishlist. I'm looking for a good summer anthem* cd. Last summer, it was Beck's Guero, and the summer before that it was The White Stripes' Elephant. I've been playing Interpol's Antics ad nauseum lately, so with all that in mind, let me know if you have any suggestions. If no one comments on this post, I will be SUPREMELY disappointed.


*what I mean is, a good cd to leave in my car for nearly three months that I enjoy listening to everytime I drive and subsequently reminds me of Summer 2006 for the rest of my life.

No comments: