Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Let's do the time warp again

I'm back in Oxford early (the steel band is recording a cd, so I'm here) and although I celebrated the beginning of a new year on Saturday night, when I woke up yesterday I was a little freaked out. I had no voice. I had no internet. I was in my house with no other roommates. It was warm enough to thunderstorm. The only things I had to drink were Diet Cherry Coke and milk. It was just. like. last. summer. So that was weird. Then I got over it, but I just thought I'd share it with all of you.

I suppose I am supposed to do some sort of gratuitous year-in-review/resolutions post, but I'm not going to. I kept thinking about it (I've been thinking about it since December 30th) and today I decided I didn't want to. Which is a bummer because I made a list of movies I went to see (26) and books I read (12) with the sole purpose of sharing said lists here. But, no, I don't feel like listing and besides when it comes down to it, a list of movies just isn't that fun to read and neither is a list of books. And as for the resolutions: well, aren't they the same every year? Am I the only one who never meets her resolutions and is forced to try again? Once I made my resolutions and then found the exact same ones written down from two years before (they were mostly cliche but then there was, "take good care of my fingernails." What the heck?). I don't know if that is funny or just a blatant display of my lack of stick-to-it abilities. Maybe both?

At any rate, here's to hoping 2006 is better than 2005 was. Not that it was bad, I mean, 2003 was kind of THE WORST YEAR OF MY LIFE EVER, so my life has gotten exponentially better over the last two years. I'm just saying, I hope that keeps on happening.

No comments: