Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Rainy Days and Tuesdays Always Get Me Down

Yesterday was the longest day I've had in a while. Luckily, I opted to choose my day off of work as Tuesday, so I didn't have to be anywhere until 11. However, because on Tuesdays and Thursdays I have class from 11 to 5:30 and then again at 7:30, it wouldn't really have mattered if I had tacked on a couple of hours of work at the beginning of the day or not. Although I did use that time to finish up some homework.

What I had originally intended to do was get up early and have my car towed. I tried to start it last Monday (yes, LAST Monday, 9 days ago), and it didn't work. Then I spent the rest of the week looking for someone with jumper cables. Then we discovered that it was not the battery that was causing the problem. So now I am going to have to somehow get my car out of our driveway, which I'm sure is going to be loads of fun.

(In a completely unrelated story, Christina's new Xterra is experiencing some window problems, and by problems I mean her driver side window will not go up. That's always a pleasure, especially in situations like driving down the highway and 12 straight hours of hurricane rain. So yeah, if you know that my car is dead, it's sort of funny to look at our cars sitting next to each other, mine out of commission and hers with the trash bag taped over the window. We need a three-legged dog sitting in the overgrown grass near our tires to complete the mock-trashy look, don't we? Does anyone know where I can get some yard flamingos?)

Tuesdays have, historically, been bad days for me. I have the hardest time getting out of bed on Tuesday mornings. Mondays I'm coming off the weekend and it's alright, but Tuesdays, yuck. I am fairly certain that it's my worst day of the week. I'm sitting here thinking back and bad things tend to happen to me on Tuesdays.

So yesterday as I sat in the library crying over stupid Java programming ("I don't care what a damn String is!!!") I was not surprised. It was a miserable, typical Tuesday.

Plus I was soaking wet, and had no car. But the bright side is, next week is Monday/Tuesday switch day, so I don't have to do all the Tuesday things I normally have to. Which is good for my sanity.

No comments: