Monday, July 11, 2005

Another one about how I'm living alone

Since I locked myself out of my house the other day, I have been really, really cautious about locking the doors. That is, I sometimes fail to lock them back up when I come in. After typing that out I realize that it does me no good. But it usually makes me feel better, so we're going to go with it.

So. I miss having the other 14,999 people on campus, I really do, but I am going to let you in on a little secret, and that secret is that I absolutely LOVE living by myself. As my mom would tell you I am not good at sharing, so this is all working very well for me.

However, there are a few drawbacks, the first being sole responsibility for the cable bill, which is $48.47 no matter how many people are using it. The second is that I am a total chicken.

I am a big wimp. For example, my friends came to visit at about 11:30 the other night, and I was just sitting on the couch watching t.v. (I have to make that cable bill worth it, you know) when I see this ARM opening MY FRONT DOOR. I had no idea whose arm it was. It could be a serial killer or a crazed rapist or someone angry at me over their internet connection (it is not my fault!). The arm did not belong to any of those sorts of people, in fact it belonged to my friend Mike who is quite harmless. Which is good because I didn't jump up or anything when I saw him open the door, I was just sort of frozen in terror. So that's always good in this sort of situation.

So, like, if you are going to come see me? It would be great but please, please, PLEASE knock.

No comments: