Thursday, June 16, 2005

"I don't know about you, but I can't wait to see this without the windshield wiper effect"

We've been going to the movies a lot this summer and we were really excited to see Batman Begins. By we I mean all the boys who read comics or watched the cartoon when they were younger and myself who is in love with Christian Bale. Brendan and I thought it would be fun to do something different this time so he suggested going to see it at the IMAX theater, but that was a little expensive so we opted for the drive-in about 15 minutes away from Oxford.

When we got there it was nice out even though it had been raining a little before we left. We spread out a blanket and hung out for a while until the retro rules clips and concession stand ads ended (they showed no previews! can you believe it? i love watching previews!) and finally the movie started.

And I figured out why I have to see movies in theaters: because if there is anything else going on, I get distracted. I was doing everything but watching the movie last night. Partly because the ground was sort of uncomfortable, partly because it suddenly got freezing and windy. I opted to sit in the car after about an hour. Brendan joined me about 20 minutes later, and about 15 minutes after that it started to rain. That was sort of, oh, I don't know, ABSOLUTELY ANNOYING. So we're freezing, and the windshield wipers were going, and it was maybe not the best drive-in experience ever. I'm glad we went even if we didn't have the best conditions.

Granted, the last time I went to see a drive-in movie I was sunburnt all over and fell asleep on my sister's candy bar, so maybe this was an upgrade.

No comments: