Tuesday, May 10, 2005

It's the solitude of living alone slowly driving me a little crazy

Let's say there are three people. And person 1 makes an absolutely TERRIBLE joke, and stands there waiting for person 2's reaction. But person 2 doesn't get it--like, this joke is about three miles over his/her head. And you are person 3, and you unfortunately get the joke, but pretend you don't because this joke was SO AMAZINGLY BAD that you are actually embarrassed not only for person 1 but also for yourself, because you got it. You just sort of sit there uncomfortably hoping the conversation heads in a more normal direction.

Oh, I hate that.

On a completely unrelated note, I am sitting in Shriver and the lights are mostly all turned off and the only other person I've seen is some guy watching Home Improvement on the other side of the building. I think it's the Christmas special, they're singing "The First Noel."

Would you like to know why I am here in this very bizarre situation? Because the internet at my house is not working. I work for the internet people, and yet I cannot get my own internet to work. The irony around here, let me tell you, it's everywhere I look.

No comments: