Monday, April 18, 2005

Wherein I Complain About Homework

I am at the computer lab, the BATSC computer lab that is just for my major. My final project for English 414 requires me to create a help program using RoboHelp, a ridiculously expensive program that the university only has in this lab. It is only open three nights a week from 7-10 pm. This is not good for me.

It is not good for me because I typically do my homework after 10 pm. Like, say, 12 am, or 11 on a really good day. There are much better things to do besides work. 7 to 10--those are VALUABLE hours!

Especially right now. I am unfortunately sitting beside the window. I live on a gorgeous campus and I am looking at it right now wishing that I could be outside enjoying it. But no. I am stuck in here. I am stuck in here because I did not come last night and I know I will not come on Wednesday. I have already procrastinated away a lot of time. I actually do have the program open, and I have typed in some text. I have also opened AIM Express, read some blogs, and facebooked everyone. (By the way, I just opened my Wall so you should go leave me a message.)

I could be taking a walk. I could be reading a book. I could be hanging out with my friends. But no. No, I am here in this computer lab, writing documentation for a Biological and Agricultural Journal Search Database that no one will ever use.

This is why I am very excited to be living here this summer. Hopefully I will be able to finally enjoy Oxford without feeling like I should be getting work done. As for now, I am going to go write the steps for browsing articles on sweet corn...

No comments: