Well. There was the Print Center thing. And I had sent an application to several other places but they never got back to me. So last Friday before I went home I went to the Network Services office and filled out an application. These people were on the ball. They called Monday, interviewed me Tuesday, and on Wednesday I had a job. I was feeling pretty good about it, but I thought, it might be better if I had somewhere to work on the weekends.
Lucky for me, I have connections in IT Services through my English class--remember the camcorder project? Well, the "IT guy" is actually the head of Miami's IT services. And he e-mailed me this week asking me to give him a call about a job for the summer. I called to tell him that I already had a full-time job, and he said that was okay, but would I like to have a part time job writing documentation for other pieces of equipment in the lab. I almost died! I can actually be a technical writer! I am not killing myself over my English classes in vain!
So, because I was waiting to be hired before I wrote about all these things, here are my summer plans:
- I will be working at Gaskill Hall this summer, in the Network Services office and the computer lab.
- I will be taking two classes (speech and desktop publishing or something) from May 16-June 24.
- I will be living at my new house, which is very big and very nice. Please feel free to visit.
- I will be turning 21 on June 27.
- I will not be lifeguarding, or getting a tan, or teaching swimming lessons.
- I will be hanging out with all my friends who are also staying in Oxford.
- I will be chick-sitting while Brendan goes on vacation.
- I will be knitting a scarf (I'm planning ahead for once).
- I will be reading about a million books.
It doesn't get much better than this, does it?