Sunday, March 28, 2004

Spring came to Miami University last week and I have to admit that while I tend to prefer cold weather to hot and humid, I am definitely happy about it. Flowers are blooming, trees are budding and will have their leaves soon, and I can go outside without being mad at myself for leaving my Columbia jacket in Loudonville after spring break. Also, the girls on campus have broken out the flip-flops and sandals, and someone in the dorm across the street keeps his (or her) window open and plays the radio perpetually throughout the day. It's like that stereotypical college picture, and it even has a soundtrack. It makes me happy to walk to and from class, soaking in the atmosphere. So life is good.

I had an interesting weekend. I was suddenly faced with the realization that my family has had to undergo just as many adjustments as I did when I left. And I think some of theirs were just as hard as mine were. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do to make these changes easier for all of us, but I'm trying to figure it all out. It just brings to mind all of those instances as a little kid when my brother and I would be yelling and screaming and hitting each other and my mom would pull out the "your friends are going to come and go but you are family so you should be nice to each other and care about each other." She was right again.
Otherwise, it was just a run-of-the-mill weekend. Friday night was fun, Cassie's boyfriend Justin came to visit and we went out to dinner and went to the broomball game (tie, 1-1). Saturday Chad and I went out for dinner, found our way to Centerville (emphasis on the found), watched Anne's drum line show, and came back to Oxford. Although I know nothing about percussion, I thought it was good. Later that night, I ended up over at Peabody, talking to Christina till she fell asleep and then hanging out with Steve. I made my very first Miami waffle with the waffle machine today at brunch. That was interesting.

This week is looking to be busy, with my last BMZ exam before the final and a debate in my music class (What do you think--does gender affect music composition?). Then Friday, my parents are coming down and bringing my brother and his friends(it's their spring break) and my sister (for little sibs weekend). They are also bringing my poor car, whose shifter-handle-thingy broke on one of my last days of spring break.

Well, that's enough for me...I'm off to read and study before heading to bed...

No comments: