Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Alright. Now that I have had all of my new classes except Chemistry Lab (and I am figuring that it is going to be the same, since I have the same instructor), let me give you all an overview of my lovely second semester:
My week starts off with a wonderful 8 am Chemistry session led by Dr. Hershberger. I find that this is a definite improvement over last semester, as she brings us breakfast and lets us play with liquid crystals...my bio lab TA seems to think that my class has the ability to look at her example on the t.v., take notes, look at our own microscopes, draw pictures, and listen all at the same time. I never thought I'd miss my 115 lab class...And let me tell you, my first assignment for "Great Ideas in Western Music--Honors" was to write an essay about my favorite kind of music. Due tomorrow. Ugh.
My favorite thing about this semester, though, was that as I was looking for seven poems to take to English class last night, I received a letter from the University telling me that in order to keep my J.M. Smucker scholarship, I have to have a cumulative gpa of 3.5. No problem, right? Hmm...not so much. To bring my 3.06 up, I'll have to get a 4.0. Probably not going to happen. I'm not saying I'm not going to work. But the thought of getting an A in Chemistry, and possibly Bio is...kind of unrealistic. C'est la vie. My parents won't kill me...right?

No comments: