Sunday, July 08, 2012

What's making me happy this week, XXVII

Probably the highlight of this week was finishing the bedroom furniture makeover we've been working on for the last few months.  I picked out a new duvet cover and pillowcases earlier this spring, and that kind of started the whole thing. We still need to find some art to hang on the walls, but we finally bought and built the bed frame that matches the dresser and nightstands we bought earlier this summer.

New dresser

New bed

I also had a nice Independence Day, even though it's probably the first time in my life that I didn't get to watch fireworks. (And I can't complain about that, since basically all of Colorado has been on fire the last few weeks.) We watched Parks and Recreation on Netflix while we addressed and stuffed wedding invitations. I was feeling a little silly for starting so far in advance, but it actually took the better part of the day. Looking at the rest of July - which includes my bachelorette party, a trip to Ohio and two showers - I'm glad we got that out of the way already.

Also! I am now the mayor of our neighborhood yogurt place on Foursquare. I am specifically happy about this because Adam was previously the mayor, proving that once again, it's the little things that make life good.


Untitled

No comments: