Sunday, June 24, 2012

What's making me happy this week, XXV

It has been crazy hot here this week, so the things keeping me happy are the things that have also kept me cool. Here are a few of them. (I'm going to go ahead and leave out the big one, which is obviously our new air conditioner. I would be so, so, SO cranky right now if not for that.)
  • Have you ever tried Crystal Light lemonade? It is delightful. I've been drinking it pretty much nonstop since it warmed up this spring. It's not icky-sweet like a lot of lemonades can be, and I also enjoy mixing it with tea-flavored vodka for an alcoholic Arnold Palmer. I recently had one at a restaurant with Firefly Skinny Tea Vodka, which was good, but I could only find Absolut Wild Tea vodka at the store when I tried to recreate it at home and it was fine too.
  • Speaking of things to drink, we've been keeping a pitcher of water with cucumber slices and crushed mint in the fridge. It doesn't add too much flavor, but it makes the water taste extra refreshing. Yum.
  • I received an Alex & Isabelle hair tie in my very first Birchbox, and I loved it so much I asked for a whole bunch more for Christmas. Now that my hair is getting longer, I usually wear one at some point throughout the day. They're cute, and they also seem to hold my hair really well without leaving a really ugly bump when I take them out. Highly recommended.
  • Lastly, Adam made dinner every night this week and that was awesome because I didn't have to stand over a hot stove. He did well, so we may have to do some more of this in the future.

No comments: