Sunday, May 27, 2012

What's making me happy this week, XXI

The most exciting thing about this week is that we had air conditioning installed in our house. It's not really the standard to have air conditioning in Colorado, because the dry climate makes it so easy to cool off a house at night. That is, houses that have windows on the east or west sides to encourage air flow, or are shaded by trees during the day. My house does not have either of these features. I could actually talk a lot about how my house is not built for baking in the heat of a sunny Front Range summer, but I will not. Instead, I will be glad that we survived two miserable* summers and are now able to control the temperature of our home.

Also, they opened a Pinkberry knock-off near my house earlier this year, so I'm always looking for an excuse to go but I never really have one. It just so happens that the dry cleaner is right next door, so on Tuesday I bribed myself to drop off the clothes that have been in the backseat of my car for the last two months by stopping in and getting some frozen yogurt afterward. It was perfect: I crossed an annoying chore off the to-do list AND I was rewarded for it. Adulthood has not really worked like that for me so far, so I'll take what I can get.

No comments: